To start doctoral studies, a Master of Arts in Social Sciences, Master of Business Administration (MBA) or any other equivalent qualification is obligatory.
Admission period ends on 31st of May 2013 for non-EU residents and on 12th of August 2013 for EU-residents.
Documents required for the admission:
- application (is filled in at EBS or its homepage);
- CV (education, professional development, research- and development activities);
- Copies of certificates confirming education / academic degree;
- Written recommendation-agreement from the supervisor of doctoral thesis;
- Research proposal of the future doctoral thesis (topic, outlined research problem, description of research methodology);
- ID or passport.
NB! For admission you have to make a 5 minute presentation of your research proposal and answer the questions of the Research Council. The presentation can be done on August 29, 2013 (or via skype for the foreign candidates).
Members of Estonian Business School`s Research Council:
Prof. Olav Aarna
|Prof. Madis Habakuk||Prof. Tiit Elenurm|
|Prof. Ruth Alas||Prof. Peeter Lorents|
|Prof. Arno Almann||Ass. Prof. Heikki Päeva|
|Prof. Katri Kerem||Lecturer Maris Zernand-Vilson|
|Prof. Alar Kein|
EBS prefers those doctoral candidates:
a) whose research interests comply with EBS research priorities. EBS research priorities include:
- Development of organisations and management of change;
- Innovative entrepreneurship and knowledge transfer in international networks;
- Development of Public Administration Organizations and their Legal Framework. Application of Experience in New Democracies;
- Institutional Economics;
- Social Responsibility and Ethical Values of Organizations;
- Intelligent IT Systems in Public and Private Organizations.
b) whose topic can be supervised and researched by a unit or person in EBS.
c) who has the possibility and motivation to continue cooperation with EBS as a supervisor of master´s theses, lecturer, researcher or who can be employed as a full time lecturer in subjects and courses which have been understaffed.
Mon-Thursday 9.00-17.30, Friday 8.30-16.30