MA in Business Administration students select one concentration module and Two year MBA students select two concentration modules. Modules are divided between two semesters and are updated according to the latest data and market trends. Concentration modules are part of the second year of studies and will start in autumn 2020, detailed contents will be published in spring 2020.
“Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.” – Joe Chernov
The purpose of this concentration module is to prepare the students to deal with emerging and new marketing tasks in complex contexts independently and effectively . To provide students with an advanced level of contemporary marketing knowledge and application skills.
- Understanding marketing theories and practices
- Integrated marketing planning and execution
- Mindset and skills as a marketing team leader
- Sound understanding of ethical and legal specializations
- Understanding, gathering and analyzing information and data as an input to evidence based decisions in complex situations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creative and curious mind
The objective of this specialization is to address data management principles, practices and technologies, and provide skills to analyse organization’s data in order to develop organizational approaches that both sustain and enhance its value, as data is such a valuable organizational asset that requires careful management in order to maximise its benefits.
- Upon successful completion of this module the participants will have an understanding, knowledge and skills of data management and data analytics:
- They will understand the value and nature of organizational data, and the detailed principles and practices required to collect high quality data, and to review and prepare it for business analysis;
- They will be able to organize and use real-world data collections and data visualization tools to answer questions about organizations.
The objective of this specialization is to equip participants with the knowledge on how organisations use, manage and exploit digital technology to improve the performance of their business in today’s digital economy whilst avoiding inherent risks incurred by digital change and innovation.
Upon successful completion of the module the participants will exhibit sound knowledge and skills in digitalisation, change leadership, technology management and business analytics by:
- Understanding the organizational and social aspects of digital innovation, and the complex interplay between people, business processes and digital technologies in organizations;
- Managing, developing and implementing digital technology, services and infrastructure to innovate the performance of the organization;
- Managing the complexity of digitalisation with the ability to make informed and timely decisions.
Module is Delivered in English 30% Skill based curriculum 50% - on the ground startup setup, practicing and developing skills in co-operation with corporate partner/start-up investment fund. 10% - EBS MBA alumni mentoring 10% - Final report and pitch to fund managers
- Entrepreneurial mindset and perfect start-up team
- From vision to product concept, problem-solution fit, value proposition
- Developing business model, „fail fast“ mindset, Lean start-up process, Pirate Metrics, de-risking business model.
- Lean Product Development, Agile Mindset, Design Thinking, The Minimum Viable Product, Product-Market Fit.
- Pitching Practice Workshop.
The aim of the specialization is to prepare students to compete in the global marketplace that creates, manages, and sustains corporate value.
- Define, implement, and report long-range financial strategies that create value for all interested stakeholders;
- Evaluate the entire financial position and forward-looking strategies of a corporation
- Recommend and implement decisions that balance financial returns and risks;
- Analyze prospective corporate merger opportunities;
- Value financial instruments designed to enhance return and reduce risk of the overall corporate operation;
- Recommend specific corporate portfolio adjustments based on modern financial investment principles;
- Implement required internal accounting controls to efficiently report financial performance required by regulatory entities
- Actively take part in external consulting engagements that connect business decisions to their value enhancing outcomes;
- Take charge of general or departmental management activities and accept responsibility for financial results and return on invested capital.
“Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality." (Warren Bennis, pioneer of leadership studies)
This specialization module is developed to provide in depth knowledge and skills for successful leadership and change management in the digital era. Our aim is to train leaders who have a strong vision, necessary skills to develop this vision to reality, and ability to motivate and inspire people in their organizations.
- Good understanding of the processes of change in organizations combined with skills to lead these changes
- Knowledge of main schools of strategic leadership, leadership environment and tools
- Possessing leadership competencies, including creative leadership skills and transformational techniques
- Adhering to the standards of ethical leadership and putting high value on professional integrity
- Understanding and appreciation of cultural differences in the global business environment
- Good communication and presentation skills to lead and motivate others
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in both academic and business contexts
Main subjects of the specialization:
Ethics and Responsibility in Business and Leadership