One of the world’s 122 best programmes in the field!
This highly recognised (EPAS accreditation) study programme is for you if you are interested in economics and business, looking to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work as a manager at an international company or in the public sector. You can either specialise in finance and accounting or in marketing and communication, and will acquire very good business English skills along the way. Studies take place at EBS Helsinki campus (Hiilikatu 3).
You can also choose to expand your knowledge by selecting the English language Game Management module in addition to your chosen specialisation.
Why choose International Business Administration study programme in EBS Helsinki?
- Business education from one of the most digitally advanced countries in the world.
- The study programme has the highest level of international recognition, namely the EPAS accreditation.
- Flexible organisation of studies.
- Lecturers, who are also specialists in their field help students acquire broad knowledge regarding economics and business and to find solutions to the most common management challenges. International academic faculty.
- You will create a social network of like minded people, together with whom you can put to use what you have learned and make your dreams a reality.
- Modern teaching methods are supported by the cloud-based e-learning platform Canvas, which is used by many of the top universities around the world.
- Studying takes place in small study groups (up to 35 students) depending on the goal of the lecture. You are advised by your personal study consultant.
- Strong contacts with the corporate world.
- You can either spend the fall semester of the second academic year abroad (mobility window) in one of EBS’s 60 partner universities worldwide or specialise in the direction of finance and accounting or in the direction of marketing and communication. EBS has a strong network of partner universities, which include many of Europe’s best business schools (EMLyon Business School, Università Bocconi, BI Norwegian Business School, Kedge Business School, Copenhagen Business School, and many others).
- The opportunity to acquire a double degree at Lancaster University Management School selected as Great Britain’s University of the Year (The Times and Sunday Times University of the Year 2018).
About the studies
The studies are conducted in English and take place mainly at EBS campus in Helsinki. Students travel once per semester to visit the EBS Tallinn main campus. You visit lectures, companies and have many networking opportunities during your trips to EBS Tallinn campus.
All EBS study programmes are accredited by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research. The Bachelor’s degree is comparable to the same field degree in Finland and in other European Union countries, as well as with similar international qualifications. EBS Helsinki graduates are granted an official diploma approved by the Republic of Estonia.
This programme is session-based with a study period of 3.5 years. This study format allows part-time working. Lectures and seminars take place three days a week every other week. Lecture dates are fixed through the studies (Tue/Wed/Sat or Thu/Fri/Sat).
The academic year begins in the fall with contact study week (Introweek) at EBS Tallinn on 24-28 August 2020. The rest of the semester’s lectures and exams are held at EBS Helsinki. The spring semester contact study days (1-2 days) at EBS Tallinn usually take place in the middle of the semester. Lecturers at EBS Helsinki are from Estonia and Finland as well as from abroad. In addition to EBS' own lecturers, the classes are taught by international and local visiting lecturers.
Graduates of this programme work as marketing or finance specialists and first-level project managers at medium-sized companies or in the public sector organisations. Research shows that the salary of EBS graduates in the field of business and management is higher in comparison with graduates from other Estonian universities.
Double Degree from UK
All international business administration students are eligible to acquire a double degree from EBS and Lancaster University Management School.
Students participating in the double degree programme will study for the first two years at EBS and the next two years at Lancaster University, in Great Britain. The prerequisite for graduation is defending one’s final paper. The foreign university degree is valid together with the EBS degree.
- The Times and Sunday Times newspapers in Great Britain named Lancaster University as the University of the Year 2018, and Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) has all of the most important international accreditations (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA).
- Studies at LUMS are closely tied to the school’s high-level research activity.
- The school has a strong alumni movement and a highly-rated university campus.
Finance and Accounting
You will acquire the necessary knowledge in finance and accounting to work as a financial specialist or manage your finances successfully as an entrepreneur.
When specialising in the direction of finance and accounting, you will learn:
- financing of start-ups;
- investment management and risk analysis;
- company financing and taxation;
- financial reporting.
The study programme has been recognised by the CFA Institute, and courses in the field of finance are taught with regard to the first level requirements of CFA. The topics covered during courses in the field of accounting largely coincide with ACCA’s corresponding examination topics.
Marketing and Communication
You will acquire the necessary knowledge to work as a marketing or communication specialist who is able to plan and implement suitable activities for achieving company objectives, and convincingly and professionally present your ideas.
- digital marketing and advertising;
- consumer behaviour and pricing;
- cross-cultural communication and business behaviour.
|Principles of Economics||3||Karmo Kroos|
|Financial Accounting||6||Aet Toots|
|English for Management and Marketing||3||Anu Lehing, Anne Lelumees|
|Mathematics for Business||6||Eetu Rantanen|
|Computer Fundamentals for Business I||3||Viljo Kallas|
|Development of Study Skills||1,5||Sigrid Lainevee|
|Communication and Presentation Skills||3||Anu Lehing|
|Social Psychology||3||Pablo Veyrat|
|Law Encyclopedia||3||Aleksander Popov|
|English for Finance and Accounting||3||Jaan Rand|
|Principles of Management||3||Ester Eomois|
|Human Resource Management||3||Piret Masso|
|Principles of Marketing||6||Riina Koris|
Introduction to Statistics
|Mobility window (elective courses)||27|
|Project Management||3||Marge Sassi, Juko-Mart Kõlar|
|English for Economics and Law||3||Jaan Rand|
|Research Design||3||Karmo Kroos|
|Business Ethics||3||Mari Kooskora|
|International Business||3||Tiit Elenurm|
|Macroeconomics||6||Ashim Kumar Kar|
|Managerial Accounting||3||Urmas Kaarlep|
|Business Simulation DYNAMA||4,5||Anto Liivat, Peeter Kross|
|Qualitative Research Methods||3||Kaire Põder|
|Academic and Business Writing||3||Jaan Rand|
|Business Planning||3||Pavel Prokushenkov|
|Business Law||6||Aleksander Popov|
|Strategic Management||3||Mike Franz Wahl, Marko Rillo|
|Quantitative Research Methods||3||Karmo Kroos|
Public Relations and Media Communication
|6||Richard Scott Abel|
|Bachelor Thesis or Final Exam||6|
*Find the programme for the session-based studies here.
Application round for the study year 2020/2021 opens.
Applicants from Estonia & Finland can start studies in the Spring semester. International applicants can start studies only in the Autumn semester.
Deadline to submit the application in DreamApply system for May admission interviews.
May admission interviews in EBS Helsinki.
- Apply through Dream Apply Student Admission Platform.
- Admission interview at EBS Helsinki.
Once the student has sent all necessary documents for applying, has obtained the required level of English of and has successfully passed the entrance process (incl. interview) the Admission Committee will decide upon the student's admission.
- Signing of the study contract
When the student has arrived in Estonia and to EBS, then the study contract is signed between the student and university.
- Tuition fee payment
After being accepted the student will be issued the tuition fee invoice for one academic year.
- Completion of higher secondary education
- High school mathematics result is required. See assumed knowledge of mathematics HERE.
- Proof of sufficient English language level.
If you have not taken any of the required state examinations, you can instead take the entrance examinations at EBS.