One of the world’s 122 best programmes in the field!
This highly recognised (EFMD-accredited) programme is for you if you are dreaming of a managerial career in an international organisation, either in the private or public sector. You can either specialise in finance and accounting or in marketing and communication. Not only will you have a good knowledge of your specialisation but also intrapreneurial skills to take initiative and implement innovative ideas.
The programme also supports your personal development by helping you to build a distinctive set of professional competencies.
Studies take place at EBS Helsinki campus (Mechelininkatu 3C, 00100 Helsinki).
Why choose bachelor's at EBS?
- Business education from one of the most digitally advanced countries in the world.
- Experienced lecturers and industry professionals bring real-life challenges to the classroom.
- You will study in small groups, which encourages peer-to-peer learning and enables you to establish a network of like-minded people.
- Flexible organisation of studies.
- Modern study methods are supported by the cloud-based e-learning platform Canvas, which is used by a large number of top universities around the world.
- Among Estonian universities, EBS boasts the strongest network of partner universities, including the best business schools in the world (EMLyon Business School, Università Bocconi, BI Norwegian Business School, Kedge Business School, Copenhagen Business School, Solbridge International School of Business and many more). During the autumn semester of the second year (mobility window), you get to take your choice of elective subjects in one of EBS’s 60 partner universities.
- The opportunity to acquire a double degree at Lancaster University Management School
About the studies
The studies are conducted in English and take place mainly at EBS campus in Helsinki. Students travel once per semester to visit the EBS Tallinn main campus. You visit lectures, companies and have many networking opportunities during your trips to EBS Tallinn campus.
All EBS study programmes are accredited by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research. The Bachelor’s degree is comparable to the same field degree in Finland and in other European Union countries, as well as with similar international qualifications. EBS Helsinki graduates are granted an official diploma approved by the Republic of Estonia.
This programme is session-based with a study period of 3.5 years. This study format allows part-time working. Lectures and seminars take place three days a week every other week. Lecture dates are fixed through the studies (Tue/Wed/Sat or Thu/Fri/Sat).
The academic year begins in the autumn with contact study week (Introweek) at EBS Tallinn and EBS Helsinki. The rest of the semester’s lectures and exams are held at EBS Helsinki. The spring semester contact study days (1-2 days) at EBS Tallinn usually take place in the middle of the semester. Lecturers at EBS Helsinki are from Estonia and Finland as well as from abroad. In addition to EBS' own lecturers, the classes are taught by international and local visiting lecturers.
Graduates mostly start their careers as marketing or finance specialists and project managers at international companies or public organisations. Many of them contribute to the growth of start-ups and technology companies in the global markets. Others help conventional industries meet the challenges of digitalisation and sustainable development.
Alumni of this programme work for example in following positions:
- Account Manager, Vapa Media Oy
- Business Controller, Attendo
- Marketplace Operations Lead, Nike
- Product and Marketing Coordinator, Hartwall
- Senior Advisor, Trade Finance and Large Corporations, Finnvera Oyj
Academic year 1: Preparing myself for a business career
Autumn semester: The contemporary organisation in its environment (30 ECTS)
Introduction to leadership (12 ECTS), Financial and Data Literacy (12 ECTS), Professional Development Track (6 ECTS)
Spring semester: Challenges for the 21st-century organisations (30 ECTS)
Introduction to Economic & Managerial Decision-Making (12 ECTS), Introduction to Responsible and Sustainable Business (12 ECTS), Professional Development Track (6 ECTS)
Capstone: Internship ‘Organisation mapping’ (2 ECTS)
Academic year 2: Developing professional knowledge and skills in my specialisation
Autumn semester: Core competencies in my specialisation (30 ECTS)
Research design (3 ECTS), Macroeconomics (3 ECTS), Specialisation in Finance and Accounting or Marketing & Communication (18 ECTS), Professional Development Track (6 ECTS)
Spring semester: Adding value to my specialisation (30 ECTS)
Research methods (6 ECTS), Specialisation in Finance and Accounting or Marketing & Communication (18 ECTS), Professional Development Track (6 ECTS)
Capstone (4 ECTS): Problem-solving
Autumn semester: Developing a distinctive set of professional competencies (30 ECTS)
Mobility window or electives at EBS
Spring semester: Improving Intrapreneurial Capabilities (24 ECTS)
Advanced Management Courses (12 ECTS), Business Simulation Dynama (6 ECTS), Bachelor's Thesis (6 ECTS)
Finance and Accounting
You will acquire the necessary knowledge in finance and accounting to work as a financial specialist or manage your finances successfully as an entrepreneur.
When specialising in the direction of finance and accounting, you will learn:
- financing of start-ups;
- investment management and risk analysis;
- company financing and taxation;
- financial reporting.
The study programme has been recognised by the CFA Institute, and courses in the field of finance are taught with regard to the first level requirements of CFA. The topics covered during courses in the field of accounting largely coincide with ACCA’s corresponding examination topics.
Marketing and Communication
You will acquire the necessary knowledge to work as a marketing or communication specialist who is able to plan and implement suitable activities for achieving company objectives, and convincingly and professionally present your ideas.
- digital marketing and advertising;
- consumer behaviour and pricing;
- cross-cultural communication and business behaviour.
Double Degree from UK
All international business administration students are eligible to acquire a double degree from EBS and Lancaster University Management School.
Students participating in the double degree programme will study for the first two years at EBS and the next two years at Lancaster University, in Great Britain. The prerequisite for graduation is defending one’s final paper. The foreign university degree is valid together with the EBS degree.
- The Times and Sunday Times newspapers in Great Britain named Lancaster University as the University of the Year 2018, and Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) has all of the most important international accreditations (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA).
- Studies at LUMS are closely tied to the school’s high-level research activity.
- The school has a strong alumni movement and a highly-rated university campus.
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2022/2023
The start of admission round for the study year 2022/2023. Apply in DreamApply.
Application deadline for the next Admissions admission interviews.
*The full-time studies at Helsinki campus can be joined starting from Autumn semester.
The next admission interviews take place on 11.8.2022 at EBS Helsinki.
- Holds a higher secondary education degree or an equivalent qualification;
- Holds sufficient proficiency in English (B2);
- Has sufficient skills in Mathematics
- Demonstrates their motivation, ambition and argumentation skills in a catchy application
- Completes the admission interview at EBS
If you are excited about our program and wish to learn from and contribute to EBS community then you are ready to apply. Here you will find a detailed explanation of the admission process to EBS and admission requirements.
All the admission information can be found here.
Admission information in Finnish can be found here.
Requirements Here you will find a detailed explanation of programme specific requirements and frequently asked questions about the admission. How to apply?
Find the step by step guide for applying here.
The application enables you to introduce yourself to the admission committee and give the first impression of you. EBS is committed to creating an international learning environment and valuing students with different cultural backgrounds.