The master programme in International Business Administration provides students with a unique opportunity to combine general business knowledge with in depth expertise in the field of leadership and management of change. We strongly believe that a solid understanding of all business functions enables the graduates to take up managerial and specialist positions with better preparation. The graduates are not only experts in their field of specialization but are also able to discuss strategic business issues within all the departments of a company.
In EBS Helsinki students will attend session based studies – three full days at school (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) once in two weeks. This is a unique opportunity to obtain a master’s degree also for those people who have started their career path and do not want to give up working while studying.
Studies at EBS
Our teaching philosophy values interactive classes, practical assignments and involving real life company cases in the study process. While there are a few traditional lectures in some course, most of the student learning occurs through teamwork, discussions and hands on activities. Group dynamics and peer to peer interaction are vital component of the learning experience of our students and the aim of our faculty is to facilitate these.
Estonian Business School has fully implemented the learning management system Canvas which has been titled the best educational LMS by the PC Magazine in 2017. Canvas is a one stop modern and user friendly hub to all course related content giving the students superior experience of blended learning.
Most of the faculty teaching in the program are internationally renowned specialists in their fields, having both academic and practical business experience. We have a roughly equal proportion of full-time faculty members, practitioner-lecturers from companies and professors from a wide range of international universities.
This programme is designed as a part of the 3+2 study system, complementing a 3-year bachelor degree in business, management, economics or similar field with a 2 year master programme. Previous work experience or non-academic studies can be taken into account for candidates who have a different bachelor degree.
We look for strong candidates who want to continue studies straight after obtaining the bachelor degree as well as students who have been working after their studies. Most of our students have some work experience that makes class discussions more relevant to specific practical scenarios.
Learning outcomes of the core courses
1. General business competencies with in depth knowledge in the selected field of specialization
2. Ability to integrate and critically apply a broad range of management theories in complex international context
3. Awareness of the societal background, opportunities and limitations, as well as awareness of the influence of one’s actions to the society
4. Knowledge of business research methods and experience in applying them in different contexts
5. Superb critical thinking and decision making skills to be an effective leader in a constantly changing environment
6. Competence to communicate convincingly in different media, for different audiences and in various contexts
7. Proactive attitude to lifelong learning
Organisational Change and Leadership in Digital Era
“Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality." (Warren Bennis, pioneer of leadership studies)
This specialization module is developed to provide in depth knowledge and skills for successful leadership and change management in the digital era. Our aim is to train leaders who have a strong vision, necessary skills to develop this vision to reality, and ability to motivate and inspire people in their organizations.
1. Good understanding of the processes of change in organizations combined with skills to lead these changes
2. Knowledge of main schools of strategic leadership, leadership environment and tools
3. Possessing leadership competencies, including creative leadership skills and transformational techniques
4. Adhering to the standards of ethical leadership and putting high value on professional integrity
5. Understanding and appreciation of cultural differences in the global business environment
6. Good communication and presentation skills to lead and motivate others
7. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in both academic and business contexts
Main subjects of the specialization:
*If you are interested to study the MA programme with a specialization in marketing or finance in EBS Tallinn please click HERE.
Fees and financing options in Helsinki
The semester tuition fee for study year 2018/2019 in Helsinki is the following:
- Paying in one part the semester fee is 3500 €.
- When the student is a part-time student or would like to transfer some courses from another university and therefore does not need to take the whole programme then the semester fee is being calculated on credit point basis. The fee for one credit point is 130 €.
All the candidates, who have received the positive admission decision, hence acceptance letter from EBS, can apply for a scholarship. In order to apply, you need to write an official application letter to the Scholarship Committee. The mission of the Scholarship Committee is to review and award scholarships.
The Scholarship Committee makes the decision based on the applicants’ previous experience. Suitable candidates have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent grades and experiences outside the classroom.
In the application letter the candidate should mention:
- Why do they want to study at EBS and which program did they apply for?
- How are they planning to use the knowledge they gain here and which goals have they set for themselves?
- What kind of value will they bring to the classroom and to the studies here?
In EBS, the scholarship gives a discount on the tuition fee. Scholarships are awarded once a year in August. Please send your application via e-mail email@example.com by the 10th of July.
*Finnish students are eligible for various types of financial assistance from Kela during education.