“… too many of the customs, practices and institutions of society were designed for a time that has passed” (Charles Handy, 2015:4)
Globalisation and cultural clashes, the digital revolution and job replacement and new paradigms for value creation are the societal challenges we are facing today and in the future.
Our Master programmes are designed for you as the leader to learn, understand and tackle the future challenges and train your personal and professional skills for the next leap in your career.
The programme aims to provide you an in-depth field-specific competencies in Organisational Development balanced with relevant business knowledge and professional skills that the international labour market expects from you in the future. Through blended learning methods and practical approach you will develop your professional skills like critical thinking, problem solving, team-work, creativity being an integral part of the programme. Digital revolution is shaping the organisations and the society as a whole and our role is to understand the opportunities and the scope of change for the businesses in general and development and leadership.
Upon successful completion of the programme the graduate:
- Possesses general business competencies and specialized knowledge either in organizational development, marketing, finance or technology governance & product development;Is aware of societal challenges, opportunities, limitations and impact of his or her activities on society, and is able to take this into account in complex context.
- Has a systematic understanding of the main concepts and research methods of business and management.
- Is able to critically apply a broad, coherent and in-depth knowledge of foundational and contemporary business theories, models, practical principles and processes in various leadership and expert positions in international context.
- Has an attitude of critical thinking and open to change accompanied by skills to recognize, formulate and find solutions to complex problems and ability to operate under uncertainty or limited resources.
- Understands the challenges arising from the technological development of society and be able to assess their impact on their company’s or organisation’s activity and the business field.
- Displays effective written and oral communication skills in a broad set of contexts;Is able to evaluate his or her or others’ need in further education, professional development and has effective skills for independent study.
- We expect current and future experts, specialists, consultants and leaders in specific competence areas, team leaders to join the programme.
- Candidates with the Bachelor`s Degree in Business Administration, Economics or Management or equivalent.
- Candidates with no prior management of business degree are admitted based on their current competencies and work experience. Candidates may need to take a preparatory or supplementary module prior to and/or during the programme if such a prerequisite is set for admission.
Organisational Change and Leadership in Digital Era
The Organisational Change and Leadership specialization module is designed to provide profound knowledge in leadership of organisational change in the era of digital transformation. The specialisation module combines the current theoretical concepts with the analysis of future trends, and creating a general understanding of the main theories in management of organisational change and leadership. It prepares you to manage organisational change and offers skills to implement best leadership practices in modern business organisations.
Upon successful completion of the module the graduate:
- Understands and has a vision of different interpretations of the object and principles of the theories of organisational changes in the following fields: types and process of organisational changes, the readiness of the organisation for changes, organisation and environment interface;
- Understands post-industrial leadership environment and changes in organisations and knows the main schools and tools of strategic leadership;
- Knows leadership competencies including creative leadership and transformational leadership techniques that enable to cope with contemporary leadership challenges;
- Understands the essence of business ethics and ethical leadership, can compare and analyse different theories with implication skills in real business organisations;
- Understands different cultures and subcultures in global environment;
- Can effectively communicate as a leader in global business environments and diagnose and find solution strategies for cross-cultural conflicts;
- Is ready to work in positions that require skills such as analytical thinking, effective change management, ethical decision making, good presentation and negotiation skills, motivating and inspiring people;
- Is able to state managerial problems and evaluate their connection with the topic of the research.
The field of specialization in organisational change and leadership includes the following subjects:
- Organizational design
- Managing teams
- Strategic Leadership
- Change Management
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Ethics and Responsibility in Business and Leadership
The beginning of the new semester.
Fees and financing options in Helsinki
The semester tuition fee for study year 2018/2019 in Helsinki is the following:
- Paying in one part the semester fee is 3500 €.
- The semester fee for 4th semester is 2300 €.
- When the student is a part-time student or would like to transfer some courses from another university and therefore does not need to take the whole programme then the semester fee is being calculated on credit point basis. The fee for one credit point is 130 €.
All the candidates, who have received the positive admission decision, hence acceptance letter from EBS, can apply for a scholarship. In order to apply, you need to write an official application letter to the Scholarship Committee. The mission of the Scholarship Committee is to review and award scholarships.
The Scholarship Committee makes the decision based on the applicants’ previous experience. Suitable candidates have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent grades and experiences outside the classroom.
In the application letter the candidate should mention:
- Why do they want to study at EBS and which program did they apply for?
- How are they planning to use the knowledge they gain here and which goals have they set for themselves?
- What kind of value will they bring to the classroom and to the studies here?
In EBS, the scholarship gives a discount on the tuition fee. Scholarships are awarded once a year in August. Please send your application via e-mail email@example.com by the 10th of July.
*Finnish students are eligible for various types of financial assistance from Kela during education.