Innovative programme for ambitious entrepreneurship enthusiasts
If you dream of establishing an international company, the innovative English language study programme ‘Entrepreneurship in the Digital Era’ is perfect for you! This programme provides you with real entrepreneurial experience; you will get to know all the significant stages of development of a company in the digital age and be prepared to operate on the global market. Learning takes place in a teamwork format and you will have the help of experienced entrepreneurs, mentors and coaches. To overcome realistic business obstacles, you will learn to combine knowledge from many areas of life and find creative solutions.
Why choose the "Entrepreneurship in the Digital Era" study programme?
- You will find your business idea and start executing it with thorough planning.
- You will obtain actual business experience on an international team.
- You will learn about the business models of the digital age and how to apply new technologies.
- You will establish a network of like-minded people who support your personal development.
- Modern study methods are supported by cloud-based e-learning platform Canvas, which is used by several top universities around the world.
- Among Estonian universities, EBS boasts the strongest network of partner universities, including the best business schools in Europe (EMLyon Business School, Università Bocconi, BI Norwegian Business School, Kedge Business School, Copenhagen Business School and many more). During the autumn semester of the second year (mobility window), you get to take your choice of elective subjects in one of EBS’s 60 partner universities.
The programme gives you necessary entrepreneurship skills, competences and attitudes:
- Skills and knowledge important for entrepreneurship;
- Creativity and problem-solving skills;
- Digital skills, eg digital literacy;
- Collaboration and communication skills;
- Positive attitude towards lifelong learning;
- Emotional intelligence.
After finishing the programme, you will have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills to start your own company and develop it with an international team. Additionally, you can implement yourself as a business project developer or a specialist on positions that require an entrepreneurial approach and knowledge of the economy.
Learners can choose between 36 ECTS of Elective and 12 ECTS of Optional subjects. During the third semester, learners are expected to use a mobility window for studying abroad. Students are expected to do an internship during the second and fourth semester.
Each semester of this 3-year programme is dedicated to a different entrepreneurial stage.
Academic year 1
FALL SEMESTER: SEEDING & STARTING UP (30 ECTS)
First stage is for forming your team and developing a business idea. This stage ends with pitching your idea to the real entrepreneurs and investors.
In the second stage, you create a virtual start-up, considering all important aspects of a real company.
Academic year 2
FALL SEMESTER: CALIBRATING (30 ECTS)
Third stage is where you create an action plan for developing the productivity and efficiency of your virtual company.
SPRING SEMESTER: EXPANDING & GROWING (33 ECTS)
In the fourth stage you develop a strategy for growing your business on international markets.
Academic year 3
FALL SEMESTER: MATURING & EXITING (30 ECTS)
Fifth stage focuses on liquidation strategy.
SPRING SEMESTER: BRIDGING & GRADUATION (18 ECTS); FINAL THESIS (6 ECTS)
The last stage is for connecting everything you’ve learned during the programme by consulting early stage entrepreneurs and by writing a bachelor's thesis.
The application deadline for Finnish applicants for the study year 2021/2022.
- Apply through Dream Apply Student Admission Platform or SAIS.
*Non-EU citizens need to pay the application fee (120€) once they have received the invoice through the Dream Apply system. Application documents will be processed only after the application fee is received.
- Send your educational documents to EBS to the following address: Admissions and Studies Office, Lauteri street 3, room 115, 10114, Tallinn, ESTONIA
To whom: Liina Reimann, Admission and Student Experience Project Manager
- An admission interview will be held by EBS representatives online via Teams or at the office.
Once the student has sent all necessary documents for applying, has obtained the required level of English of and has successfully passed the entrance process (incl. interview) the Admission Committee will decide upon the student's admission.
*If you are a non-EU citizen, apply for temporary residence permit for studies in Estonia.
- Tuition fee payment
After being accepted the student will be issued the tuition fee invoice for one academic year.
- Signing of the study contract
When the student has arrived in Estonia and to EBS, then the study contract is signed between the student and the university.
Phone: +372 665 1340
For entering the International Business Administration programme which is instructed in English applicants have to submit results of an internationally recognized test of English on a required level of B2 as follows:
- TOEFL iBT score 87
- IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing Service) 5.5 with 5.5 or above in each band.
- Cambridge test - FCE, CAE, CPE
The internationally recognized test of English may be replaced by:
- Completion of previous educational level in a country where the English language is spoken as mother-tongue. EBS waves requirement only for the following countries: USA, UK, Ireland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand.
- Completion of the previous level of education taught fully in English in EU/EEA member states. Please note that the transcript of record must include that studies were conducted fully in English.
- A graduation certificate from an International Baccalaureate School with English result minimum 5
- Other countries have to present an internationally recognized language test even if the student studied previously in the English language.
- Oral and written entrance test in English at EBS