Prof. Krishna Venkitachalam (PhD, University of Melbourne, Australia) is a Professor of Strategy at EBS. He has a Docent in Business Administration from the Faculty of Social Sciences, Stockholm University, Sweden. He previously held positions at Stockholm Business School, Stockholm University, Sweden, Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University, UK and La Trobe Business School, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia. Previously, he has consulted for a UN client in the area of knowledge management and firm performance in Switzerland.
Teaching and Supervision
He teaches strategy, knowledge management and regularly supervises thesis students in the areas of strategic knowledge, corporate strategy, tacit knowledge and related areas in management and organization studies.
He has been carrying out research in areas such as corporate and business strategies, strategic knowledge management (SKM), tacit knowledge and knowledge processes in large and small organizations. In 2014, his article on KM strategy alignment in the Journal of Knowledge Management won the Emerald Literati Award. He has published in regarded journals such as Knowledge Management Research & Practice, Journal of Knowledge Management, Journal of Strategy and Management, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, International Journal of Information Management, and various international conferences. For more information on his research publications, please visit his google scholar webpage.
Editorial and Track Chair Contributions
He is a regular organizer/chair of a number of track sessions in several international conferences such as the International Forum on Knowledge Asset Dynamics (IFKAD 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020) and the Nordic Academy of Management (NFF 2015, 2017, 2019). He is a member of the scientific committee of IFKAD. He is a regular reviewer for a number of scholarly journals in the field of knowledge management and strategy research.
- Associate Editor of the Journal of Strategy and Management (Emerald Publishing Ltd, UK) http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=jsma
- Regional Editor (Europe) of the International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies (Inderscience Publishers, Switzerland)
- Principal Guest Editor for a forthcoming Special Issue of KMRP journal (Knowledge Management Research & Practice) in 2020, focusing on the Dynamics of KM - From Strategy to Knowledge Worker's performance.
- Guest Editor for a Special Issue of JSMA (Journal of Strategy and Management) in 2021, focusing on strategic knowledge management for digital transformation.
Selected Publications (Peer-Reviewed)
- Venkitachalam K, Bosua R. 2019. Perspectives on effective digital content management in organizations. Knowledge and Process Management 26(3): 202-209.
- Jose S, Venkitachalam K. 2019. A matrix model towards CSR - Moving from one size fit approach. Journal of Strategy and Management 12(2): 243-255.
- Venkitachalam K, Willmott H. 2017. Strategic knowledge management - insights and pitfalls. International Journal of Information Management 37(4): 313-316. (Impact factor – 8.210)
- Venkitachalam K, Ambrosini V. 2017. A triadic link between knowledge management, information technology and business strategies. Knowledge Management Research and Practice 15(2): 192-200. (Impact factor – 1.583)
- Venkitachalam K, Willmott H. 2016. Determining strategic shifts between codification and personalization in operational environments. Journal of Strategy and Management 9(1): 2-14.
- Venkitachalam K, Willmott H. 2015. Factors shaping organizational dynamics in strategic knowledge management. Knowledge Management Research and Practice 13(3): 344-359. (Impact factor – 1.583)
- Bosua R, Venkitachalam K. 2015. Fostering knowledge transfer and learning in shift work environments. Knowledge and Process Management 22(1): 22-33.
- Venkitachalam K, Bosua R. 2014. Roles enabling the mobilization of organizational knowledge. Journal of Knowledge Management 18(2): 396-410. (Impact factor – 4.745)
- Bosua R, Venkitachalam K. 2013. Aligning strategies and processes in knowledge management: a framework. Journal of Knowledge Management 17(3): 331-346. Emerald Literati Award Winner - Highly Commended Paper (Impact factor – 4.745)
- Venkitachalam K, Busch P. 2012. Tacit Knowledge - Review and Possible Research Directions. Journal of Knowledge Management 16(2): 357-372. (Impact factor – 4.745)
- Zyngier S, Venkitachalam K. 2011. Knowledge management governance - a strategic driver. Knowledge Management Research and Practice 9(2): 136-150. (Impact factor – 1.583)
- Dwivedi Y, Venkitachalam K, Sharif A, Al-Karahouli W, Weerakkody V. 2011. Research trends in knowledge management: analyzing the past and predicting the future. Information Systems Management 28(1): 43-56. (Impact factor – 1.556)
- Busch P, Venkitachalam K, Richards D. 2008. Generational differences in soft knowledge situations: status, need for recognition, workplace commitment and idealism. Knowledge and Process Management 15(1): 45-58.
- Richards D, Busch P, Venkitachalam K. 2007. Ethnicity-based cultural differences in implicit managerial knowledge usage in three Australian organizations. Knowledge Management Research and Practice 5(3): 173-185. (Impact factor – 1.583)
- Scheepers R, Venkitachalam K, Gibbs M. 2004. Knowledge strategy in organizations: refining the model of Hansen, Nohria and Tierney. The Journal of Strategic Information Systems 13(3): 201-222. (Impact factor – 5.231)