This program is for you if you dream about a managerial position in a larger international company. The program offers an opportunity for specialised knowledge in finance and accounting or marketing and communication. Faculty and students of different nationalities create a unique cultural space which broadens your worldview and encourages to think big. The mobility semester in a foreign top-tier university and internship in an international company boosts your career.
Profile of the graduate
As an alumni of this programme you will act as a middle manager, marketer or specialist in finance in an international company or in public sector. You will be appreciated for your in-depth specialised knowledge and your valuable network of contacts will help you make it in the world of business. You are an ambitious and entrepreneurial EBS alumnus whom home university, employer, and colleagues take pride in.
EBS cares a lot about the success of its students, alumni, and their employers. We strive to make sure that our graduates do well, and we are genuinely happy about their success.
According to research among EBS alumni:
- 15% create their own business;
- 44% work in international companies;
- 21% work in local companies;
- 20% work abroad.
Of EBS alumni:
11% are entrepreneurs;
35% are top- or middle managers;
45% are top- or mid-level specialists.
Salaries for EBS alumni in business and management are higher than those for other Estonian universities’ graduates.
Compared to Estonian average salaries, gross salaries for EBS alumni are:
above Estonian average for 85% of EBS alumni;
more than twice the average salary for 43% of EBS alumni.
We sincerely hope that you, too, will soon be an EBS alumnus!
Why choose this programme?
This is a worldwide recognised program which has received the highest international recognition amongst business schools - accredited by EFMD!
You will be a valuable expert in your field who is familiar with the contemporary international business environment and is able to find solutions to challenged which 21st-century organisations face;
You will gain an in-depth understanding in your field of specialisation (finance and accounting or marketing and communication) and will be able to professionally express yourself in English. Additionally, you will develop your digital competencies and gain knowledge in responsible business management;
You will be guided by international experts and experienced business leaders;
Faculty and students of different nationalities create a unique and diverse cultural space that broadens your worldview and encourages to think big;
You will learn in small groups of students and your personal study consultant will be there to advise you. Thus, we will always be on top of your goals and support you every step of the way;
At EBS we focus, as much as possible, on learning from each other via group discussions, teamwork, practical studies, and „lessons from life“. This ensures that upon graduation you will have real solutions to challenges which you will face in your working life;
Your fellow students will be positive and ambitious initiators with cool ideas. This inspiring and motivating company of people and valuable network will remain with you for years to come;
You can take advantage of the mobility window which enables an international learning experience in a foreign top-tier university;
You may choose to obtain a double-diploma from Lancaster University Management School – the university of the year in 2018 in the UK.
Finance and Accounting
Are you interested in investments or want to become a financial specialist? This specialisation equips you with the necessary knowledge needed to find your way in the matters of finance which will benefit you at any point in your life!
If you specialise in finance and accounting, you will:
- be familiar with the vocabulary of finance and learn to use it correctly;
- be able to evaluate a company’s worth and return on investment;
- know how to analyse the information in financial documents;
- be able to manage your personal investment portfolio and increase the value of your assets.
This program is recognised by the CFA Institute and the courses in this program are taught based on CFA Level 1 requirements. The topics covered in accounting courses overlap, by and large, with ACCA examination topics. You may take ACCA exams at EBS.
Marketing and Communication
Do you wish to create outstanding brands of the future and plan to work in an organisation’s marketing department or an advertising agency? This specialisation equips you with relevant knowledge and skills to make average products and services attractive.
If you specialise in marketing and communication, you will learn:
- to gather and analyse relevant information needed to marketing activities;
- to carry out marketing plans which support the organisation’s goals;
- to convincingly present and communicate your marketing ideas.
Studies at EBS
Studies take place at EBS campus from Monday to Friday between 8.30 to 17.15 according to the timetable.
Daytime study format includes more contact hours in the classroom, which helps to acquire knowledge more easily. At EBS we focus on peer-to-peer learning, so additionally to lectures, your studies will include group works and presentations, interactive seminars and classroom discussions.
During your second study year, you will have the possibility to study in one of EBS partner universities for either one semester or one year. Of all universities in Estonia, EBS has the strongest network of partner universities – it includes some of the best business schools in Europe (EMLyon Business School, Università Bocconi, BI Norwegian Business School, Kedge Business School, Copenhagen Business School, Solbridge International School of Business and many more).
The Mobility Window is the semester intended for studying abroad. Studying abroad provides you with a unique experience and enables you to test yourself in a new academic and cultural environment, practice your language skills, make new friends, find possible future business partners, and gain a competitive advantage in the labour market.
Studying abroad during Mobility Window means that you can choose the business-related courses to your own liking and the credits will be transferred. You also have the possibility to complement your knowledge in areas that no university in Estonia covers.
When you study at an EBS partner university, you will only pay the EBS tuition fee. Additionally, if you choose mobility in one of the EU countries, EBS will pay to you the Erasmus+ scholarship.
Positive feedback of EBS students confirms that a semester abroad significantly broadens your worldview and provides you with new contacts as well as invaluable international university experience!
Exchange semester stories of our students can be found here:
Internship and Mentoring
Internship is an integral part of your studies. It will expose you to an organisation’s daily functioning and you will be able to implement your knowledge and skills in the place of internship. At EBS, internship is undertaken in two stages.
- During the Internship I you will become familiar with the organisation’s managerial- and decision-making processes;
- A mentor (EBS master student) will support you in choosing the internship place. Through mentoring, you will explore different opportunities for shaping your career path and discuss your future goals. As an experienced manager, your mentor will be your role model and advise you on taking the first steps towards your dream career.
Internship II provides you with the possibility to test your knowledge and skills even further – you will need to solve a managerial problem which has occurred in your place of internship;
- You will conduct a study and, based on it, you can suggest an organisational change;
- Internship II will support your preparation to write the bachelor thesis.
EBS internship program has positive feedback from both students and places of internship. The purpose of internship is to implement the knowledge acquired during your studies in real-life working situations and to support the students during their career planning.
Marge Täks, Head of the Department of Management, Senior Lecturer, PhD:
"Internship helps the students to better understand their strengths and find their passion. The students will also find out what they do not like or what does not suit them. This, in its turn, helps them make better future career choices. As a result of the internship, the brightest of our students have also found their first jobs."
The application deadline for non-EU applicants in DreamApply. Admission interviews for international applicants take place once a month.
*Deadlines for applicants from Estonia and deadlines for applicants from Finland.
- Holds a higher secondary education degree or an equivalent qualification;
- Holds sufficient proficiency in English (B2);
- Has sufficient skills in Mathematics;
- Demonstrates their motivation, ambition and argumentation skills in a catchy application;
- Completes the admission interview at EBS.
More information about admission requirements and a detailed explanation of the admission process to EBS:
Information about admission requirements for international applicants can be found here.
Information about the admission requirements for local applicants can be found here.
|Frequently asked questions||Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions about the admission process for international students.|
The specific requirements for international qualifications can be found here.
Requirements for International Baccalaureate, European Baccalaureate or GED qualifications.
|How to apply?||
Step-by-step guide for international students here.
If you are excited about our program and wish to learn from and contribute to EBS community then you are ready to apply.
The application enables you to introduce yourself to the admission committee and give the first impression of you.
If you would like to receive more information about the admission process before applying, then sign-up for a personal online consultation. The online consultations take place twice a month.
We encourage you to register if:
- You have questions about EBS application process that prevents you from applying;
- You doubt whether your previous education and/or work experience is compatible with your chosen study programme
- You are choosing between several study programmes and want more information or support to make the right choice
- You want more information about the organisation of studies or the financing of studies.
Financing your studies
The tuition fee for the study year 2023/2024:
- Autumn semester fee 3085 euros and spring semester fee 2712 euros;
Local students and EU residents:
- The tuition fee is paid by semester (every half year). You can pay the semester tuition fee in one, two or four instalments.
- A processing fee of 35 euros applies when paying in two or four instalments;
- The first instalment of the tuition fee has to be paid by August 25.
If you are not studying full-time, the tuition fee will be calculated based on the price of credit points (110 euros per credit point).
- The tuition fee is paid by semester (every half year).
- The tuition fee has to be paid latest by August 1;
- You will receive an invoice with a personal deadline.
- The tuition fee is for the first study year is paid in one instalment (5797 euros);
- The tuition fee has to be paid before your visa appointment with the Embassy;
- You will receive an invoice with a personal deadline.
If you are a resident or a holder of a long-term residence permit in the Republic of Estonia you can pay in several instalments by using the Study Investment.
In cooperation with banks, EBS offers you a study investment solutions, so you can better plan the future and cash flows. Study investment is a financial service. You sign an agreement with LHV or Inbank. The bank pays your tuition fee to EBS and you will make monthly payments to the bank.
An instalments contract can be signed at the EBS Office of Academic Affairs quickly and conveniently without visiting the bank.
Finnish students are eligible for financial assistance from Kela during their studies at EBS.
EBS awards the scholarships to Bachelor, Master´s and Doctoral first-year students, whose previous academic achievements, study motivation, social engagement and ambition are considered particularly worth recognition. EBS awards scholarships to the applicants, who enrich the learning experience of their fellow students. All the applicants, who have received the positive admission decision (conditional acceptance/acceptance) are considered for outstanding applicants scholarship.
Criteria for the scholarship:
- the scholarship is awarded based on the submitted admission application (in SAIS/DreamApply) and the results of the admission interview. The evaluation criteria: motivation, ambition, argumentation;
- the scholarship is awarded for one academic year and is the partial or full refund of the tuition fee;
- the scholarship offers are announced on August 25.
Student Experience at EBS
To make your years at the university memorable and joyful, EBS Student Council organises many wonderful events for students. In the Student Council, you can have a say in topics related to university life and organise various entertainment events for EBSikas yourself. Great events and activities range from academic seminars to parties or community events like Haba Gala. Music lovers can sing in the EBS Chamber Choir.
For athletic students, sports day, golf competitions, winter swimming, etc. are organised by EBS Sports Club. Several regular sports trainings also take place on a weekly basis and the school is represented in sports competitions outside Estonia as well.
Our events are a meeting place for students, employees, partners and alumni.