The Open University promotes lifelong learning and the University's commitment to social responsibility. Open University students are generally required to have a good command of the subject matter taught at upper secondary school (or other equivalent level).
Open University enables to start studies at EBS by enrolling on one or more courses without the need to be matriculated as a student.
Open University is an opportunity for individual development:
- for our alumni
- co-operation partners
- students of other universities
- for everyone who is interested in some courses at our university
It is possible to choose favourable subjects for every semester, but we need to jointly verify that the required prerequisite subjects have been passed and the given study group does have a vacancies. We pay great attention to individual development at EBS, therefore study groups are not large.
The Open University's learning activities take place in a classroom together with matriculated students. Students are free to complete either individual courses or entire study modules. Generally, the courses are thought in EBS Tallin campus but its also possible to take courses in our Helsinki campus.
Open University studies are mainly targeted for those already living in Estonia. Please note that it is not possible to get a long-term student residence permit to Estonia based on Open University courses.
We would like to point out that the subjects of the Master´s programme may only be enrolled on by the persons who possess a Bachelor´s degree (or a degree equal to it) or have relevant working experience.
List of Courses starting in Autumn 2019
Please click here for the list of courses starting in October-November 2019
Autumn semester courses start in the period: August 15- October 17 and end before December 23.
Choose the course you would like to attend, and ask for more detailed course programme and time schedule. Register for the course: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW module GAME MANAGEMENT
OÜ Education (Estonian Business School) is a training card co-operation partner of Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund.
Notice of economic activities in Estonian Education Infosystem (EHIS): no 185457
- Studies at the Open University offer an opportunity to participate in the courses provided by EBS, in the capacity and at the time suitable for you. It is possible to participate in full time-, session-based - or evening study courses depending on the availability of vacancies.
- Courses will be mostly held from 1st of September to 22nd of December and from the last week of January until 25th of May. One course takes place usually once or twice a week over a one to four months period.
- Most English language courses are held during office hours ( from 8.30 to 17.15) although there are some session-based courses in Tallinn, when lectures will be held on weekends.
- Everyone has an opportunity to participate in courses as an external student. ECTS (credit points) may be collected by the external students who actively participate in the study work- participate in seminars, home assignment’s, exams e.t.c and can later be used if the person wishes to continue studies as a full-time University student.
- Should an external student waive the possibility to collect credit points during the studies, they will receive a certificate of passing the course.
- All Open University students are entitled to use the EBS Library and reading room and receive information and study materials through the online learning platform Canvas.
EBS Open University study fee for 2019/ 2020
Bachelor level courses
– a cost of 1credit point € 90 (Daytime studies in Tallinn)
– a cost of 1 credit point € 80 (Session-based studies in Tallinn)
– a cost of 1 credit point € 120 (Session-based studies in Helsinki branch)
Master level courses
- cost of 1 credit point € 90 (courses from intMA programme in Tallinn )
- cost of 1 credit point € 120 (courses from both MBA programme in Tallinn )
- cost of 1 credit point € 90 (courses from intMA programme in Helsinki)
Participants can apply to Open University courses through the online application system id they have temporary living permit or they live in EU countries. After applying for admission, registering for courses and paying the course fee, all students will get passwords for Learning Management portal Canvas and gets access to course program and materials. Obligatory study materials students need to buy themselves (e-book or paper book) unless they are available from EBS library. Exact information will be provided in each case.
- Courses starting in the autumn semester 1st period: August 25 2019 (application period begins July 1, 2019)
- Courses starting in the autumn semester 2nd period: October. 1 2019 (application period starts on July 1, 2019)
- Courses starting in the spring semester 1st period: January 15 2020 (application period starts on January 2, 2020)
- Courses starting in the spring semester 2nd period March 1 2020 (application period starts on January 2, 2020)
The documents necessary for the enrolment of participation at the Open University are as follows:
• Application form
• a copy of the document in proof of the level of education
Terms and conditions:
Upon enrolment, the Open University of EBS and the student will sign an agreement that sets out the rights and duties of the parties.
An applicant enrolling to a Master´s programme courses shall have a Bachelor´s degree.
An applicant enrolling to a language programme courses shall have to take a language test which is the basis for the identification of the level of language skills.
A participant of such courses through the Open University shall not possess the status of a student and be liable to any related rights out of the university.
If you intend to take a short course (all Open university courses), you will not be issued with a residence permit for studies.
A residence permit for studying is issued only for studies leading to a degree.
You can, however, stay in Estonia and study the course in 90 days if you have a visa or if you are not required to have a visa to come to Tallinn. Estonian embassies (or consulates) abroad make decisions on issuing visas. If you have been issued with a residence permit on other grounds, you can freely attend any EBS open university courses.
NB! Most of our courses will last 120-180 days.
The Rules for Continuing Education
EBS Open University The Rules for Continuing Education of EBS provides regulations on how students will be admitted to courses and how courses will be delivered and organize, also training conditions and procedures; payment of tuition fees. All Continuing Education courses are delivered by accredited curricula’s, in a business and administration, social sciences study programme group.
Download the Rules for Continuing Education of EBS HERE
|Code||Course name||ac/h classroom||indep. Work||ECTS||study form||study level||entry requirements||Group||Lecturer||START month||please check the time schedule link before the course start. Changes may happen before September 1st||Price|
|FIN741||Advanced Corporate Finance||32||124||6||session-based||master||bac.degree + fin background||intMA-2||Hannu Kahra||Sept||(Fr, Sat, Thurs) 27.09-13.12. Time schedule||600 €|
|FIN736||Financial Reporting II (Recommended for ACCA preparation exam FR)||16||62||3||session-based||master||bac.degree + fin backround||intMA-2||Aet Toots||Sept||(Fr, Sat) 27.09-11.10. Time schedule||300 €|
|FIN741||Advanced Corporate Finance (Recommended for CFA Body of Knowledge at Level II)||32||124||6||session-based||master||bac.degree + fin backround||intMA-2||Hannu Kahra||Sept||(Fr; Sat + 1x Thur) 27.09-13.12. Time schedule||600 €|
|FIN754||Financial and Managerial Accounting||32||124||6||session-based||master||bac.degree +3 year working experience||intMBA-1a||Urmas Kaarlep||Sept||Fridays 20.09-10.01 Time schedule||720 €|
|BUS112||International Business||30||48||3||daytime||bachelor||high school and knowledge about enterpreneurship or business||intLBBA3||Tiit Elenurm||Sept||(Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri) in period 27.09-5.12||270 €|
|MAN147||Developing Firms Competitive Advantages on International Markets||32||124||6||daytime||bac.&master||high school and knowledge about entrepreneurship or business||Erasmus||Sirja Sulakatko||Sept||(Mon, Tue, Wed) in period 16.09-13.11||540 €|
|MAN145||Managing Creative Teams||24||54||3||daytime||bachelor||high school||BEB-2B||Jim Seltenrich||Sept||Thursdays 26.09-12.12. Time Schedule||360 €|
|MAN737||Strategic Management and Innovation||32||124||6||session-based||master||bac degree + 3 year working exp.||intMBA-1||Marko Rillo||Sept||(Fri, Sat) 20.09-10.01 Time schedule||720 €|
|MAN505||Women in Leadership||16||62||3||daytime||bac.&master||bac degree + working exp.||KB21||Ester Eomois||Sept||Tuesdays 24.09-15.10. Time Schedule||270 €|