Four new microdegrees starting in Autumn!
Here is a course catalog for period from August until December 2023
The Open University promotes lifelong learning and the University's commitment to social responsibility. Open University students are generally required to have a good command of the subject matter taught at upper secondary school (or other equivalent level).
Open University enables to start studies at EBS by enrolling on one or more courses without the need to be matriculated as a student.
Open University is an opportunity for individual development:
- for everyone who is interested in continuing education and boosting your career
- for EBS alumni
- students of other universities
It is possible to choose favourable subjects for every semester, but we need to jointly verify that the required prerequisite subjects have been passed and the given study group does have vacancies. We pay great attention to individual development at EBS, therefore study groups are not large.
The Open University's learning activities take place in a classroom together with matriculated students. Students are free to complete either individual courses or entire study modules. Generally, the courses are thought in EBS Tallinn campus but it's also possible to take courses in our Helsinki campus.
Open University studies are mainly targeted for those already living in Estonia. Please note, that it is not possible to get a long-term student residence permit to Estonia based on Open University courses.
We would like to point out that the subjects of the Master´s programme may only be enrolled on by the persons who possess a Bachelor´s degree (or a degree equal to it) or have relevant working experience.
Autumn semester courses start in during the period: on August 25, 2023, and courses end mostly before December 22. Registration goes via my.ebs.ee
Please check the exact time schedule before you register for the course. Choose the course you would like to attend, and ask for a more detailed course program. In case you do not have Estonian ID for registration, please use this registration form.
SA Estonian Business School (Estonian Business School) is a training card co-operation partner of Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund.
Notice of economic activities in Estonian Education Infosystem (EHIS): no 185457
- Studies at the Open University offer an opportunity to participate in the courses provided by EBS, in the capacity and at the time suitable for you. It is possible to participate in full-time (held during office hours ( from 8.30 to 17.15) or session-based (evenings or weekends) - courses depending on the availability of vacancies.
- Courses will be mostly held from 1st week of September until the 22th of December. Or in spring from 1st week of February to the May 30. One course takes place usually once or twice a week over a one to four months period.
- Everyone has an opportunity to participate in courses as an external student. ECTS (credit points) may be collected by the external students who actively participate in the study work- participate in seminars, home assignments, exams e.t.c and can later be used if the person wishes to continue studies as a full-time University student.
- Should an external student waive the possibility to collect credit points during the studies, they will receive a certificate of passing the course.
- All Open University students are entitled to use the EBS Library and reading room and receive information and study materials through the online learning platform Canvas.
EBS Open University study fees
- An open university participant pays for a course or a module under the conditions indicated in the registration system.
- After adding the course(s) to the shopping cart, the participant can be determined the details of the payee and choose if the payment will be paid in one more more installment. When paying in more than one installment, 35 € will be added to the first installment.
All courses include supportive course materials via e-learning platforms Canvas, materials distributed by the teacher in the classroom or via the library. Textbooks that are not in the library or e-catalogs must be purchased or borrowed by the student from another library. A language textbook and workbook should definitely be purchased for the successful completion of language courses.
If the participant withdraws from a course(s) at least three working days before the start date of the course, the obligation to pay the tuition fee does not arise or the tuition fee will be refunded fully.
If the participant gives their notice of withdrawal from the course in writing up to two working days before the start date of the course or fails to give notice or gives notice at least by the end of the second week of study of the course, the participant must pay 50% of the tuition fee.
If the participant drops out of the course or gives their withdrawal notice after the second week of study, the tuition fee is not reimbursed. If the participant has a valid reason for dropping out of their studies, e.g. illness or business trip, the participant has the right to select a new course from the course list of the Open University during the current or following academic year.
Exemption from or discounts on tuition fees are decided by the management board of the Estonian Business School foundation.
The Open University will not issue a diploma or certificate of participation in a course if the tuition fee has not been fully paid.
If the continuing education course is canceled because of the organizer, a replacement course is offered from the list of existing courses, or the tuition fee paid by the participant is fully reimbursed by the organizer.
Participants can apply to Open University courses through the online application system if they have temporary living permits or they live in EU countries. After applying for admission, registering for courses and paying the course fee, all students will get passwords for the Learning Management portal Canvas and gets access to the course program and materials. Obligatory study materials students need to buy themselves (e-book or paper book) unless they are available from the EBS library. Exact information will be provided in each case.
- Courses starting in the spring semester 1st period: January 13, 2023 (registration period starts on December 20, 2022 )
- Courses starting in the spring semester 2nd period March 1, 2023 (application period starts on January 2, 2023)
- Courses starting in the autumn semester 1st period: August 18, 2023 (registration period begins July 1, 2023)
- Courses starting in the autumn semester 2nd period: October 1, 2023 (registration period starts on July 1, 2023)
The documents necessary for the enrolment of participation at the Open University are as follows:
• Application form (please contact to get link)
• a copy of the document in proof of the level of education. For some master-level courses, CV will be also required.
Terms and conditions:
Upon enrolment, the Open University of EBS and the student will sign an agreement that sets out the rights and duties of the parties.
- An applicant enrolling to a Bachelor´s level shall have a High School certificate and sometimes previously passed courses.
- An applicant enrolling to a Master´s level courses or microdegrees shall have a Bachelor´s degree, and in some cases previously passed the pre-required courses. An applicant enrolling to a language programme courses shall have to take a language test which is the basis for the identification of the level of language skills.
A participant of such courses through the Open University shall not possess the status of a student and be liable to any related rights out of the university.
If you intend to take a short course (all Open university courses), you will not be issued with a residence permit for studies.
A residence permit for studying is issued only for studies leading to a degree.
You can, however, stay in Estonia and study the course in 90 days if you have a visa or if you are not required to have a visa to come to Tallinn. Estonian embassies (or consulates) abroad make decisions on issuing visas. If you have been issued with a residence permit on other grounds, you can freely attend any EBS open university courses. NB! Most of our courses will last 120-180 days.
The Rules for Continuing Education
Download the Rules for Continuing Education of EBS HERE