ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants.
Are you interested in an internationally recognised qualification that would open career opportunities all over the world?
Start your journey towards it at EBS by studying accounting and finance related courses in accordance with the ACCA qualification system. ACCA - the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants - is the largest global accounting body respected and accredited all over the world. Read more >>>
On successful completion of ACCA exams students will be awarded diplomas certifying their professional level in accordance with the ACCA qualification system.
ACCA is the global body for professional accountants offering business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to those looking for a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management. It enables you to build a successful career in any sector anywhere in the world you want.
Who is it for?
If you'd like to develop skills in accounting for your current job or you're preparing to enter the finance field, then ACCA programme is your right choice. Your future areas of career are e.g. auditing, banking, fund management, etc. and your potential job titles may be e.g. Tax Adviser, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Finance Officer and many more.
The ACCA Qualification
The ACCA QUALIFICATION is divided into two levels - Fundamentals and Professional level. If you are a university student or graduate, you can start at the Fundamentals level. There are lots of qualifications you can achieve along the way as you work towards ACCA membership, including a Diploma Accounting and Business, Advanced Diploma in Accounting and even a Bachelor`s Degree in Social Sciences awarded by Estonian Business School, after completing full bachelor programme. Completing ACCA modules in EBS is part of that programme. In addition, having completed ACCA Fundamentals exams, you can be awarded a Bachelor`s Degree (BSc) by Oxford Brookes University.
For graduates with relevant accredited degrees from recognised institutions, you can start your journey to ACCA membership at the Professional level. Your previous qualifications mean you have already made significant progress towards the exam component of the ACCA Qualification and could allow you to claim a maximum of nine exemptions. You can check out what exemptions you may be eligible to claim at www.accaglobal.com/exemptions
Becoming a professional accountant isn’t just about sitting exams. That’s only part of it. Equally important is getting relevant, supervised practical experience. It demonstrates to employers that you have proven experience and practical skills relevant to the role and can be relied on to get the job done. You can complete your work experience before, at the same time, or after completing the exams. But at the same time is best. It means a quicker journey time to ACCA membership and can really benefit your studies if you can start to apply what you’re learning to the workplace.
Ethics and professionalism are at the heart of everything at ACCA. It doesn’t matter where you start your journey, it’s important you know what it means to act professionally and ethically. It builds confidence in those who employ your services that you carry out your duties with trust and integrity. It demonstrates you are professional. That’s why all ACCA students have to take the Foundations in Professionalism online interactive module to achieve any of the Foundation-level awards and the Diploma in Accounting and Business as part of the ACCA Qualification; and the Professional Ethics module to achieve the Advanced Diploma and the ACCA Qualification
If you decide to complete the ACCA Qualification, you will be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business on your way to completing the ACCA Qualification. Certification is issused by ACCA Global Institution.
What's involved? You will need to register for the ACCA Qualification. When you have completed the Fundamentals level exams (F1-F9) and also the Professional Ethics module, you will be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business. You can progress to the Professional level to continue your ACCA Qualification.
How long will it take to complete? It's up to you, but please note there is a 10-year time limit to complete the exams when gaining the ACCA Qualification. You can sit the exams in June and December at one of 400 ACCA exam centres around the world. You can complete Foundations in Professionalism before or after the exams. So you could complete this Diploma in 12 to 18 months.
Read more about how to enter for exams >>>
ACCA Exams take place four times a twice a year- September, December, March and June.
Computer-based exams (CBE) available for F1, F2, F3, F4 in Estonian Business School CBE Centre. Read more from here >>> .
EBS CBE Centre
ACCA Computer-based exams in Estonian Business School
Computer-based exams (CBEs) are available for the first four ACCA Knowledge module exams + some foundations in accountancy exams), which can be done at Estonian Business School.
What are the benefits of sitting CBEs?
• Flexibility - You can sit CBEs at any time of the year. CBEs also offer flexibility for re-sits, which can be taken at any time. There is no restriction on the number of times you can re-sit the CBE exams.
• Instant results - Your result is displayed on the computer screen at the end of the exam.
• Availability of fast results - Your results are uploaded by the licensed centre and will be transferred to your ACCA account within 72 hours. Read more about CBE Centre exams.
ACCA Qualification- AB, MA and FA LW (Eng and Glo)
Foundations in Accountancy- FA1, MA1, FA2, MA2 FAB, FFA, FMA
Exams you can do in CBE
All three knowledge module exams within the ACCA qualification are available by on-demand CBE :
ACCA Qualification (£63):
• AB-Accountant in Business
• MA-Management Accounting
• FA- Financial Accounting
ACCA Qualification (£78)
• LW-ENG- Corporate and Business Law English variant
• LW-GLO- Corporate and Business Law Global variant
Foundations in Accountancy (£63):
• FAB- Accountant in Business
• FMA- Management Accounting
• FFA- Financial Accounting
Foundations in Accountancy (£43):
• FA1- Recording Financial Transactions
• FA2- Maintaining Financial Records
• MA1- Management Information
• MA2- Managing Costs and Finance
The examination fee of CBE ACCA is GBP 43-78 according to the exam (see above) + EUR 55 exam center service price.
(The amount in EUR is stated according to the currency exchange rate set by the Estonian Central Bank on the date when the invoice is created).
How does CBE work?
• You can sit a CBE exam at EBS Open University at Estonian Business School. The examination fee of CBE ACCA is GBP 61 for the F1 to F3 exam and GBP 76 for the F4 exam + EUR 55 exam centre service price (The amount in EUR is stated according to the currency exchange rate set by the European Central Bank on the date when the invoice is created);
• You must register for CBEs at least 5 working days prior to the exam - by phone +372 6651386 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• To register for CBEs you should provide your ACCA number and full date of birth.
• You will be registered for an exam on the date you agreed and you will be sent an invoice. After you have paid a fee via the online account, please take a receipt with you or send it at least a day prior to your exam.
On the day of the exam, your identity will be checked by the invigilator (please do not forget to bring a valid ID document with your picture), further validity and eligibility checks are carried out, and then the invigilator instructions will be read out.
• You are then asked to start the exam software and insert validation details into the software. This will further check your identity and eligibility to sit the exams.
• Instruction screens will be displayed and you may then start the exam when advised to do so by the invigilator.
• Once the exam is started, the questions are displayed on screen and the answers are input directly onto the CBE software.
• On completion of the exam, the final percentage of the final score is calculated and displayed on the screen.
• You will be asked to print two copies of the Provisional Result Notification; one copy is retained by the CBE centre and the other is for your records.
• The CBE centre uploads the results to the CBE system and these will be transferred to your records with ACCA within 72 hours.
You can participate in preparation courses in the spring semester 2018 (January - August)
Next exam dates in EBS:
- September 21, at 11.00-13.00
- October 19, at 10.45-12.45
- November 27, at 10.00-12.00 and 13.00-15.00
Preparing for ACCA
While preparing for ACCA exams you can take different courses from EBS degree studies through Open University.
If you are already a participant of ACCA programme and would like to continue your academic career in one of EBS degree programs then after passing the ACCA exams they can be transferred via APEL to EBS degree programs, in this case you do not have to pass courses you have already certified results for.
Taking ACCA exams you have to register with ACCA. Find more information from here >>>