This program in Estonian is for you if you are interested in entrepreneurship, wish to take the next career step or implement a new business idea. During the studies you will obtain in-depth contemporary knowledge and practical skills to run a company or a team. Additionally, the only university which concentrates on business education in Estonia will provide you with new friends and similar minds as well as potential future business partners. You can choose between full time- and session-based studies.
Profile of the graduate
Once you graduate from this programme, you will be able to run a small business, develop business projects, or work as a specialist in a position which requires an entrepreneurial mind, coupled with knowledge in economics. You will be recognised for you in-depth specialised knowledge and practical skills. You are an ambitious and forward-looking EBS graduate whom your home university, colleagues and cooperation partners take pride in. Your invaluable network of contacts will help you successfully implement your ideas.
EBS cares a lot about the success of its students, alumni, and their employers. We strive to make sure that our graduates do well, and we are genuinely happy about their success.
According to research among EBS alumni:
- 15% create their own business;
- 44% work in international companies;
- 21% work in local companies;
- 20% work abroad.
Of EBS alumni:
11% are entrepreneurs;
35% are top- or middle managers;
45% are top- or mid-level specialists.
Salaries for EBS alumni in business and management are higher than those for other Estonian universities’ graduates.
Compared to Estonian average salaries, gross salaries for EBS alumni are:
above Estonian average for 85% of EBS alumni;
more than twice the average salary for 43% of EBS alumni.
We sincerely hope that you, too, will soon be an EBS alumnus!
Why choose this programme?
Provides you with a comprehensive overview and in-depth fundamental knowledge of the world of business;
You will become a valuable practitioner who finds one’s way in all areas of entrepreneurship and business administration (marketing, financial management, product development, human resource management, etc.);
You will be guided by experts and experienced leaders in their field;
You will learn in small groups of students and your personal study consultant will be there to advise you. Thus, we will always be on top of your goals and support you every step of the way;
At EBS we focus, as much as possible, on learning from each other via group discussions, teamwork, practical studies, and „lessons from life“. This ensures that upon graduation you will have real solutions to challenges which you will face in your working life;
Your fellow students will be positive and ambitious initiators with cool ideas. This inspiring and motivating company of people and valuable network will remain with you for years to come;
You can take advantage of the mobility window which enables an international learning experience in a foreign top-tier university;
This is the only program where you can study in Estonian and choose between daytime studies or session-based studies to match it with work- and family life, if needed.
*By choosing session-based study format you complete your studies in 3.5 years and the distribution of subjects may vary from semester to semester. You can choose whether to take the subjects of the subject modules during the day or electives in the evenings.
Are you interested in design, fashion, or music and would like to be a future entrepreneur? This module will equip you with relevant knowledge and skills to turn your creative activities into a profitable future business.
By specialising in creative entrepreneurship, you will:
- become familiar with entrepreneurial possibilities in the areas of design, fashion, music, and other creative fields;
- manage a creative organisation and understand the role of design in product development and marketing;
- organise projects in the creative industry, while accounting for the industry’s business- and aesthetic criteria;
- cooperate with actors within the creative industry.
Do you want to implement innovative business ideas and are you drawn to the rapid success of start-ups? We developed this module in Technology Entrepreneurship in cooperation with Tallinn Science Park Technopol. By choosing this module, you will meet many start-up entrepreneurs and will be inspired by as well as learn from their success stories.
By specialising in technology entrepreneurship, you will:
- become familiar with technological trends and business models for scale-ups;
- learn how to start and manage a start-up with limited resources;
- know how to wisely finance scale-up activities;
- learn to minimise risks associated with start-up entrepreneurship.
Do you want to primarily develop your persuasion- and sales skills to break through in the world of business? This module provides you with the necessary skills to run a sales team and -activities.
By specialising on professional sales, you will
- learn to implement the principles of consultative selling;
- learn to plan the sales cycle and manage the sales process;
- learn to find self-motivation to conduct complicated sales negotiations.
Studies at EBS
Students, who choose session-based study format work more independently as there are fewer contact hours than in the day-time study format. Session-based study format is more suitable for an individual learner, who grasps new knowledge easily and does not need a lot of guidance.
|Day time studies||Session-based studies|
|Nominal studies time||3 years||3.5 years|
Monday to Friday
8.30-17.15 according to the schedule
|Subject modules||Creative Entrepreneurship
Subject module is not mandatory, but you can take it instead of an elective course.
During your second study year, you will have the possibility to study in one of EBS partner universities for either one semester or one year. Of all universities in Estonia, EBS has the strongest network of partner universities – it includes some of the best business schools in Europe (EMLyon Business School, Università Bocconi, BI Norwegian Business School, Kedge Business School, Copenhagen Business School, Solbridge International School of Business and many more).
The Mobility Window is the semester intended for studying abroad. Studying abroad provides you with a unique experience and enables you to test yourself in a new academic and cultural environment, practice your language skills, make new friends, find possible future business partners, and gain a competitive advantage in the labour market.
Studying abroad during Mobility Window means that you can choose the business-related courses to your own liking and the credits will be transferred. You also have the possibility to complement your knowledge in areas that no university in Estonia covers.
When you study at an EBS partner university, you will only pay the EBS tuition fee. Additionally, if you choose mobility in one of the EU countries, EBS will pay to you the Erasmus+ scholarship.
Positive feedback of EBS students confirms that a semester abroad significantly broadens your worldview and provides you with new contacts as well as invaluable international university experience!
Exchange semester stories of our students can be found here:
Internship and Mentoring
Internship is an integral part of your studies. It will expose you to an organisation’s daily functioning and you will be able to implement your knowledge and skills in the place of internship. At EBS, internship is undertaken in two stages.
- During the Internship I you will become familiar with the organisation’s managerial- and decision-making processes;
- A mentor (EBS master student) will support you in choosing the internship place. Through mentoring, you will explore different opportunities for shaping your career path and discuss your future goals. As an experienced manager, your mentor will be your role model and give you advice on how to take the first steps towards your dream career.
Internship II provides you with the possibility to test your knowledge and skills even further – you will need to solve a managerial problem which has occurred in your place of internship;
- You will conduct a study and, based on it, you can suggest an organisational change;
- Internship II will support your preparation to write the bachelor thesis.
EBS internship program has positive feedback from both students and places of internship. The purpose of internship is to implement the knowledge acquired during your studies in real-life working situations and to support the students during their career planning.
Marge Täks, Head of the Department of Management, Senior Lecturer, PhD:
"Internship helps the students to better understand their strengths and find their passion. The students will also find out what they do not like or what does not suit them. This, in its turn, helps them make better future career choices. As a result of the internship, the brightest of our students have also found their first jobs."
The application deadline for March admission interviews in SAIS.
*Please note that only applicants with sufficient knowledge of Estonian language(B2) can apply.
March admission interviews at EBS.
- Holds a higher secondary education degree or an equivalent qualification;
- Holds sufficient proficiency in Estonian (B2) and in English (B1);
- Demonstrates their motivation, ambition and argumentation skills in a catchy application;
- Completes the admission interview at EBS.
If you are excited about our program and wish to learn from and contribute to EBS community then you are ready to apply. To apply for this programme you have to submit online application, meet the state exam requirements and pass the admission interview.
More information about admission requirements (in Estonian):
Apply to the programme
Submit your online-application via SAIS:
If you would like to receive more information about admission process to bachelor's before applying, then sign-up for a personal online consultation. The online-consultations take place twice a month.
We encourage you to register if:
- You have questions about EBS application process that prevent you from applying;
- You doubt whether your previous education and/or work experience is compatible with your chosen study programme
- You are choosing between several study programmes and want more information or support to make the right choice
- You want more information about the organisation of studies or the financing of studies.
Financing your studies
The tuition fee is paid by semester (every half year). You can pay the semester tuition fee in one, two or four instalments.
If the student is not studying full-time, the tuition fee will be calculated based on the price of credit points.
The tuition fee for the study year 2023/2024 for daytime studies:
- Autumn semester fee 3085 euros and spring semester fee 2992 euros;
- A processing fee of 35 euros applies when paying in two or four instalments;
- Credit point price - 110 euros.
The tuition fee for the study year 2023/2024 for session-based studies:
- The semester tuition fee is 2992 euros;
- A processing fee of 35 euros applies when paying in two or four instalments;
- Credit point price - 100 euros.
The first instalment of the tuition fee has to be paid by August 25.
If you are a resident or a holder of a long-term residence permit in the Republic of Estonia you can pay in several instalments by using the Study Investment.
In cooperation with banks, EBS offers you a study investment solutions, so you can better plan the future and cash flows. Study investment is a financial service. You sign an agreement with LHV or Inbank. The bank pays your tuition fee to EBS and you will make monthly payments to the bank.
An instalments contract can be signed at the EBS Office of Academic Affairs quickly and conveniently without visiting the bank.
EBS awards the Scholarships to Bachelor, Master´s and Doctoral first-year students, whose previous academic achievements, study motivation, social engagement and ambition are considered particularly worth recognition. EBS awards scholarships to the applicants, who enrich the learning experience of their fellow students. All the applicants, who have received the positive admission decision (conditional acceptance/acceptance) are considered for outstanding applicants scholarship.
Criteria for the scholarship:
- the scholarship is awarded based on the submitted admission application (in SAIS/DreamApply) and the results of the admission interview. The evaluation criteria: motivation, ambition, argumentation;
- the scholarship is awarded for one academic year and is the partial or full refund of the tuition fee;
- the scholarship offers are announced on August 25.
Student Experience at EBS
To make your years at the university memorable and joyful, EBS Student Council organises many wonderful events for students. In the Student Council, you can have a say in topics related to university life and organise various entertainment events for EBSikas yourself. Great events and activities range from academic seminars to parties or community events like Haba Gala. Music lovers can sing in the EBS Chamber Choir.
For athletic students, sports day, golf competitions, winter swimming, etc. are organised by EBS Sports Club. Several regular sports trainings also take place on a weekly basis and the school is represented in sports competitions outside Estonia as well.
Our events are a meeting place for students, employees, partners and alumni.