Our innovative two-year MBA programme develops managers and leaders who ignite and inspire lasting growth in a ever-changing business environment. Our teaching approach and elective microdegrees provide immersive experience with exceptional education.
Why choose this programme?
- Core programme of our MBA helps you build a strong foundation in key areas of business - you will get a comprehensive overview of the responsible organisation and people management, a solid foundation in organisational economics and financial performance, learn how to navigate through the latest management tools, marketing, business process management and application of new technologies in business;
- On top of that solid backbone, you can build solid muscle by choosing elective microdegrees from a wide selection and design the path of your curriculum yourself;
- We will provide you with skills, tools, knowledge and confidence to make informed decisions in the challenging technology-driven global business setting. We work with real-life examples in a team-centred learning and teaching setting;
- You will learn and grow with peers – you will study together with top specialists, managers and entrepreneurs from different fields. An inspiring and motivating network of like-minded people and valuable contacts will remain with you for years to come;
- At EBS we focus, as much as possible, on learning from each other via group discussions, teamwork, practical studies, and „lessons from life“. This ensures that you have real solutions to challenges which you will face in your working life;
- Faculty and students from different nationalities create a unique and diverse cultural space that broadens your worldview and encourages to think big;
- The programme is taught by top-tier faculty and established industry professionals, who in addition to their academic background bring practical business experience to the classroom;
The time and money invested in MBA will earn you interest in the future.
How will your company benefit?
- An employee or a manager, who is updating or acquiring new skills is a valuable asset for the company;
- New knowledge, skills, and innovative methods create and strengthen competitive advantage of the company;
- We bring together managers and top specialists from various fields, with whom we solve real business challenges in the classroom. Combining experiences and perspectives from different fields enriches the learning experience and helps to come up with innovative solutions;
- Talent management and employee development play an important role in the company's value proposition.
|First year: Foundation in key areas of business
Studies start with master's bootcamp - you will meet your fellow course-mates and get to know them.
To complete the MBA programme, it is necessary to successfully pass the graduation module, which consists of five graduation capstones. The purpose of the composite examinations is to assess the student's ability to integrate the knowledge and skills acquired in the core subjects of the MBA programme.
The first year is summed up by completing the graduation module so that in the second year you can focus on improving your knowledge and skills in the chosen field.
|Second year: Developing professional knowledge and skills in chosen field
During this semester you can choose 2 microdegrees or spend a semester in one of the EBS partner universities
During this semester you can choose 2 microdegrees.
Estonian Business School was the first Estonian university to offer microdegree programmes (previously called nanodrgees) . EBS’ microdegrees are master’s study learning modules, focusing mainly on five areas: sustainability and green economy, digital transformations, communication and marketing, management and leadership, finance and accounting.
When designing microdegrees, we are guided by the principle that we create and adapt them according to the challenges of the labour market.
Studies at EBS
Studies are in a session-based format, which allows to study without interrupting your professional life. Lectures and seminars take place every second week on Fridays and Saturdays between 10:00-17:15. As an exception some lectures can take place on Thursdays.
The final schedule of the second year depends on the chosen microdegrees.
We have structured our master's program in such a way that active learning takes place in the classroom through discussions, groupworks and practical tasks. Group dynamics and communication are an integral part of learning, and that's why we put a lot of emphasis on it. In between meetings, you need to contribute to your studies by preparing for lectures or seminars.
During your second study year, you will have the possibility to study in one of EBS partner universities for either one semester or one year. Of all universities in Estonia, EBS has the strongest network of partner universities – it includes some of the best business schools in Europe (EMLyon Business School, Università Bocconi, BI Norwegian Business School, Kedge Business School, Copenhagen Business School, Solbridge International School of Business and many more).
The Mobility Window is the semester intended for studying abroad. Studying abroad provides you with a unique experience and enables you to test yourself in a new academic and cultural environment, practice your language skills, make new friends, find possible future business partners, and gain a competitive advantage in the labour market.
Studying abroad during Mobility Window means that you can choose the business-related courses to your own liking and the credits will be transferred. You also have the possibility to complement your knowledge in areas that no university in Estonia covers. When you study at an EBS partner university, you will only pay the EBS tuition fee. Additionally, if you choose mobility in one of the EU countries, EBS will pay to you the Erasmus+ scholarship.
Positive feedback of EBS students confirms that a semester abroad significantly broadens your worldview and provides you with new contacts as well as invaluable international university experience!
Exchange semester stories of our students can be found here:
The start of the admission round for the study year 2024/2025.
APPLICATION DEADLINE - ESTONIA & FINLAND
The application deadline in SAIS and DreamApply. Admission interviews take place at EBS Tallinn campus.
APPLICATION DEADLINE - INTERNATIONAL
The application deadline for non-EU applicants in DreamApply for the study year 2024/2025.
The application deadline for EU, USA, Canada, Japan, Ukraine and Kazakhstan in DreamApply is June 1.
Non-business 180 ECTS bachelor degree or an equivalent qualification;
- Has at least 3 years of management or team-lead experience. We value both people and process management experience. Show us that in your submitted CV;
- Has sufficient proficiency in English (B2). We offer some courses both in English and Estonian but we expect you to be ready to study in English;
- Demonstrate their drive in a catchy application;
- Completes admission interview at EBS.
More information about admission requirements and a detailed explanation of the admission process to EBS:
Information about admission requirements for international applicants can be found here.
Information about the admission requirements for local applicants can be found here.
|Frequently asked questions
|Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions about the admission process for international students.
The specific requirements for international qualifications can be found here.
Requirements for International Baccalaureate, European Baccalaureate or GED qualifications.
|How to apply?
Step-by-step guide for international students here.
If you are excited about our program and wish to learn from and contribute to EBS community then you are ready to apply.
The application enables you to introduce yourself to the admission committee and give the first impression of you.
If you would like to receive more information about the admission process before applying, then sign-up for a personal online consultation. The online consultations take place twice a month.
We encourage you to register if:
- You have questions about EBS application process that prevents you from applying;
- You doubt whether your previous education and/or work experience is compatible with your chosen study programme
- You are choosing between several study programmes and want more information or support to make the right choice
- You want more information about the organisation of studies or the financing of studies.
Financing your studies
The tuition fee for the study year 2024/2025:
- First year semester tuition fee is 4000 euros (total 8000 euros);
- Second year semester tuition fee is 4500 euros (total 9000 euros);
- A processing fee of 35 euros applies when paying in two or four instalments.
- The tuition fee is paid by semester (every half year). You can pay the semester tuition fee in one, two or four instalments.
- A processing fee of 35 euros applies when paying in two or four instalments;
- The first instalment of the tuition fee has to be paid by August 15.
- The tuition fee is paid by semester (every half year).
- The tuition fee has to be paid latest by August 1;
- You will receive an invoice with a personal deadline.
- The tuition fee is for the first study year is paid in one instalment (8000 euros);
- The tuition fee has to be paid before your visa appointment with the Embassy;
- You will receive an invoice with a personal deadline.
If you are a resident or a holder of a long-term residence permit in the Republic of Estonia you can pay in several instalments by using the Study Investment.
In cooperation with banks, EBS offers you a study investment solutions, so you can better plan the future and cash flows. Study investment is a financial service. You sign an agreement with LHV or Inbank. The bank pays your tuition fee to EBS and you will make monthly payments to the bank.
An instalment contract can be signed at the EBS Office of Academic Affairs quickly and conveniently without visiting the bank.
Students from Finland are eligible for financial aid from Kela, including the study grant, housing supplement and loan guarantees.
How to apply for the scholarship:
- when applying for the scholarship you are given a case study to solve. This creative task will require you to demonstrate your management competencies as well as your ability to analyse information;
- please find the case study here;
- the length of the case study solution is maximum 1 A4;
- to apply the solution has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15;
Criteria for the scholarship:
- when awarding the scholarship submitted application (in SAIS/DreamApply) and the results of the admission interview are also considered. The evaluation criteria: motivation, ambition, argumentation;
- the scholarship is awarded for one academic year and is the partial or full refund of the tuition fee;
- the scholarships will be awarded by July 25.