The International Business Administration programme is designed for students interested in economics and business who wish to acquire professional knowledge and skills to work in an international company or in the public sector. In addition to knowledge of economics and business, the program also provides excellent Business English language skills, and an opportunity to specialize in marketing and communication or finance and accounting.
Why the International Business Administration study programme?
- The study programme has a highest level of international recognition, i.e. EPAS accreditation.
- Lecturers, who are also specialists in their field, help students to acquire broad knowledge regarding economics and business and to find solutions to the most common management challenges.
- You will create a social network of people, together with whom you can put to use what you have learned and make your dreams a reality.
- Modern teaching methods are supported by the cloud-based e-learning platform Canvas, which is used by many of the top universities around the world.
- Studying takes place, for the most part, in small study groups (not more than 35 students) and each student is advised in study organisation related questions by a personal study consultant.
- During the fall semester of the second academic year the student is able to study elective courses of their choosing at one of EBS’s 60 partner universities (mobility window) or specialise in the direction of finance and accounting or in the direction of marketing and communication. EBS has the strongest network of partner universities among universities in Estonia, which include many of Europe’s best business schools (EMLyon Business School, Università Bocconi, BI Norwegian Business School, Kedge Business School, Copenhagen Business School, and many others).
- The opportunity to acquire a double degree at Lancaster School of Management, selected as Great Britain’s University of the Year (The Times and Sunday Times University of the Year 2018).
About the studies
The studies are conducted in English and take place mainly on EBS Campus in Helsinki. Students travel once per semester to visit EBS Tallinn’s main campus. In addition to the lectures, the trip is often accompanied with company visits, as well as other networking opportunities.
All EBS study programmes are accredited by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research. The Bachelor’s degree is comparable to the same field degree in Finland, as in other European Union countries, as well as with similar international qualifications. EBS Helsinki graduates are granted an official diploma approved by the Republic of Estonia.
Bachelor degree study period completed by the curriculum is 3.5 years. The study format allows for example part-time working, since the studying in EBS Helsinki takes place in sessions. The session-based studies refer to contact teaching days; lectures and seminars, where the students will meet lecturers. Lectures are organized three days a week, every other week. Lecture dates are fixed through the studies (Tue/Wed/Sat or Thu/Fri/Sat).
The academic year in Autumn starts with contact study days (1-2 days) at EBS Tallinn, and the rest of the semester’s lectures and exams are held at EBS Helsinki. The Spring semester contact study days (1-2 days) at EBS Tallinn are in the middle of the semester. The majority of the lecturers are EBS‘ own lecturers. In addition to this, EBS will provide classes taught by international guest lecturers.
The graduates of the programme are able to work as specialists in different functional areas or as middle managers in business or public sector organisations. They are also able to work in the positions of managers in the local offices of international companies, and in the position of developers and managers of business projects.
Double Degree from UK
All international business administration students are eligible to acquire a double degree from EBS and Lancaster University Management School.
Students participating in the double degree programme will study for the first two years at EBS and the next two years at Lancaster University, in Great Britain. The prerequisite for graduation is defending one’s final paper. The foreign university degree is valid together with the EBS degree.
- The Times and Sunday Times newspapers in Great Britain named Lancaster University as the University of the Year 2018, and Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) has all of the most important international accreditations (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA).
- Studies at LUMS are closely tied to the school’s high-level research activity.
- The school has a strong alumni movement and a highly-rated university campus.
Finance and accounting
When completing the specialization, you will acquire the necessary initial financial knowledge for a financial specialist and small entrepreneur.
When specializing in the direction of finance and accounting, you will learn:
- financing of start-ups;
- investment management and risk analysis;
- company financing and taxation;
- financial reporting.
The study programme has been recognised by the CFA Institute, and courses in the field of finance are taught with regard to the first level requirements of CFA. The topics covered during courses in the field of accounting largely coincide with ACCA’s corresponding examination topics.
Marketing and Communication
Upon completing the direction you will be able to plan and implement suitable marketing activities for achieving company objectives, and convincingly and professionally present your ideas.
When specializing in the direction of marketing and communication, you will learn:
- digital marketing and the organisation of advertising;
- consumer behaviour and pricing;
- cross-cultural communication and business behaviour.
The study year 2019/2020 begins.
Admission interviews at EBS Helsinki.
- Apply through Dream Apply Student Admission Platform.
- Admission interview at EBS Helsinki.
Once the student has sent all necessary documents for applying, has obtained the required level of English of and has successfully passed the entrance process (incl. interview) the Admission Committee will decide upon the student's admission.
- Signing of the study contract
When the student has arrived to Estonia and to EBS, then the study contract is signed between the student and university.
- Tuition fee payment
After being accepted the student will be issued the tuition fee invoice for one academic year.
- Completion of higher secondary education
- High school mathematics result is required. See assumed knowledge of mathematics HERE.
- Proof of sufficient English language level.
If you have not taken any of the required state examinations, you can instead take the entrance examinations at EBS.
|Principles of Economics||3||Karmo Kroos|
|Financial Accounting||6||Aet Toots|
|English for Management and Marketing||3||Anu Lehing, Anne Lelumees|
|Mathematics for Business||6||Eetu Rantanen|
|Computer Fundamentals for Business I||3||Viljo Kallas|
|Development of Study Skills||1,5||Sigrid Lainevee|
|Communication and Presentation Skills||3||Anu Lehing|
|Social Psychology||3||Pablo Veyrat|
|Law Encyclopedia||3||Aleksander Popov|
|English for Finance and Accounting||3||Jaan Rand|
|Principles of Management||3||Ester Eomois|
|Human Resource Management||3||Piret Masso|
|Principles of Marketing||6||Riina Koris|
Introduction to Statistics
|Mobility window (elective courses)||27|
|Project Management||3||Marge Sassi, Juko-Mart Kõlar|
|English for Economics and Law||3||Jaan Rand|
|Research Design||3||Karmo Kroos|
|Business Ethics||3||Mari Kooskora|
|International Business||3||Tiit Elenurm|
|Macroeconomics||6||Ashim Kumar Kar|
|Managerial Accounting||3||Urmas Kaarlep|
|Business Simulation DYNAMA||4,5||Anto Liivat, Peeter Kross|
|Qualitative Research Methods||3||Kaire Põder|
|Academic and Business Writing||3||Jaan Rand|
|Business Planning||3||Pavel Prokushenkov|
|Business Law||6||Aleksander Popov|
|Strategic Management||3||Mike Franz Wahl, Marko Rillo|
|Quantitative Research Methods||3||Karmo Kroos|
Public Relations and Media Communication
|6||Richard Scott Abel|
|Bachelor Thesis or Final Exam||6|
*Find the programme for the session-based studies here.