The master programme in International Business Administration provides students with a unique opportunity to combine general business knowledge with in-depth expertise in the field of specialization (finance, marketing or management and leadership). We strongly believe that a solid understanding of all business functions enables the graduates to take up managerial and specialist positions with better preparation. The graduates are not only experts in their field of specialisation but are also able to discuss strategic business issues within all the departments of a company.
Where can I study? - 2 cities 1 programme
At EBS Tallinn
2 full days of lectures/seminars once in 2 weeks
At EBS Helsinki
2 full days of lectures/seminars once in 2 weeks
Specialisation: management and leadership
This programme is designed as a part of the 3+2 study system, complementing a 3-year bachelor's degree in business, management, economics or similar field with a 2-year master's programme. Previous work experience or non-academic studies can be taken into account for candidates who have a different bachelor's degree. In addition, it is sometimes possible to take some preparatory courses. For details, please contact the admissions specialist.
We look for strong candidates who want to continue studies straight after obtaining the bachelor's degree as well as students who have been working after their studies. Most of our students have some work experience that makes class discussions more relevant to specific practical scenarios.
Although it is a full-time programme the studies are organized so that it is possible to continue (part-time) work during the studies.
Our teaching philosophy values interactive classes, practical assignments and involving real-life company cases in the study process. While there are a few traditional lectures in some courses, most of the student learning occurs through teamwork, discussions and hands-on activities. Group dynamics and peer-to-peer interaction are vital components of the learning experience of our students and the aim of our faculty is to facilitate these.
Estonian Business School has fully implemented the learning management system Canvas which has been titled the best educational LMS by the PC Magazine in 2017. Canvas is a one-stop modern and user-friendly hub to all course-related content giving the students a superior experience of blended learning.
Most of the faculty teaching in the program are internationally renowned specialists in their fields, having both academic and practical business experience. We have a roughly equal proportion of full-time faculty members, practitioner-lecturers from companies and professors from a wide range of international universities.
It is possible to use the mobility window during the fall semester of the second year to study at one of the 60 partner universities worldwide.
Academic year 1
Academic year 2
In the MA programme you can choose between three specialisations. Each specialisation consists of three nanodegrees.
- Finance and Accounting (at EBS Tallinn)
- Marketing (at EBS Tallinn)
- Management and Leadership (at EBS Helsinki)
A nanodegree is a course of study up-to 15 ECTS, which consists of at least 3 subjects.
Finance and Accounting (at EBS Tallinn)
Our finance and accounting specialisation will equip you with the tools necessary for acquiring and analysing economic and financial data, for interpreting and communicating financial information to both internal and external stakeholders. The three nanodegrees will enhance your financial knowledge and skills so that you will be ready to face the challenges of the finance and accounting world by being able to make knowledgeable and useful managerial, investment and corporate decisions.
Total: 45 ECTS
Nanodegree I: to be confirmed 15 ECTS
Nanodegree II: Financial Reporting Standards Versus Managerial Reality 15 ECTS
Nanodegree III: Quantamentals I 15 ECTS
Marketing (at EBS Tallinn)
Our marketing specialisation is built on three nanodegrees: how marketing works, how communication works and how human beings work. This approach equips graduates with an integrated approach that enables them to work in strategic positions in various companies and institutions. We strongly believe that the general business education that precedes the specialisation module and equips students with knowledge about global issues, management and finances makes our graduates stand out as marketing professionals with the best understanding of business as a whole.
Total: 45 ECTS
Nanodegree I: Digital Marketing with Google solutions 15 ECTS
Nanodegree II: Marketing Strategy
Nanodegree III: Strategic Communication 15 ECTS
Management and Leadership (at EBS Helsinki)
This specialisation module is developed to provide in-depth knowledge and skills for successful leadership and change management in the digital era. Our aim is to train leaders who have a strong vision, the necessary skills to develop this vision to reality, and the ability to motivate and inspire people in their organizations.
Total: 45 ECTS
Nanodegree I: Leadership in the Digital Era15 ECTS
Nanodegree II: Digital Ecosystems 15 ECTS
Nanodegree III: Leading Change as a New Constant: My Organisation as a Frontrunner 15 ECTS
Learning outcomes of the programme
1. General business competencies with in-depth knowledge in the selected field of specialisation
2. Ability to integrate and critically apply a broad range of management theories in a complex international environment
3. Awareness of the societal background, opportunities and limitations, as well as awareness of the influence of one’s actions to the society
4. High ethical standards and professional integrity
5. Knowledge of business research methods and experience in applying them in different contexts
6. Superb critical thinking and decision making skills to be an effective leader in a constantly changing environment
7. Competence to communicate convincingly in different media, for different audiences and in various situations
8. Proactive attitude to lifelong learning
Graduates of this programme are working for example in the following positions:
- Marketing Manager, Hotel St. George & Klaus K Hotel
- Marketing & Communications Specialist, Bird & Bird
- Manager, Nordea Mortgage Bank Plc.
- Business Controller, CGI
- Sales & Operations Planning Manager for Asia, Fiskars Group
The application deadline to January admission interviews for Finnish Students for the study year 2022/2023.
The admission interviews for Finnish students at Helsinki campus.
Fees and financing options in Tallinn
Please find the tuition fees for study year 2021/2022 here.
- EU residents can pay the tuition fee either by semester or divide it up to two installments per semester (35 EUR processing fee applies for installments)
- Non-EU residents must pay tuition fee in full for the whole study year.
- If you are a resident or a holder of a long-term residence permit in the Republic of Estonia you can pay in several installments by using Study Investment.
Fees and financing options in Helsinki
Please find the tuition fees for study year 2021/2022 here
- When the student is a part-time student or would like to transfer some courses from another university and therefore does not need to take the whole programme then the semester fee is being calculated on a credit point basis. The fee for one credit point is 150 €.
EBS awards the Scholarships to Bachelor, Master´s and Doctoral first-year students, whose previous academic achievements, study motivation, social engagement and ambition are considered particularly worth recognition. EBS awards scholarships to the applicants, who enrich the learning experience of their fellow students.
All the applicants, who have received the positive admission decision (conditional acceptance or acceptance) are considered for outstanding applicants scholarship.
How to apply for the scholarship:
- when applying for the scholarship you have to submit your research proposal for your master's thesis.
- the length of the case study solution is maximum 1 A4.
- The research proposal should include:
- Research object of the final thesis (Research object is an organisation, process or system you are going to study, e.g. the second pillar of the Estonian pension system, or start-up enterprises in Estonia)
- Purpose of the final thesis (What is the intended gain?)
- Research questions
- Research design (Data, method of collecting data and method of analysing data)
- Main list of literature
- to apply the research proposal has to be sent to email@example.com by 19th of July.
Criteria for the scholarship:
- when awarding the scholarship submitted application (in SAIS/DreamApply) and the results of the admission interview are also considered. The evaluation criteria: motivation, ambition, argumentation.
- the scholarship is awarded for one academic year and is the partial or full refund of the tuition fee.
- the scholarships will be awarded by the 25th of July.