Diverse Global Teams starting
Course delivered by Open University
Study language: English
The objective of the course is to give an understanding and knowledge about diversity and inclusion. Students should understand what it means to be diverse and inclusive and what is inclusive behavior. The course provides a practical toolbox to contribute, manage and, if needed, lead diverse global teams.
The course covers the following topics:
- Mind-set Theory (Fixed/Growth Mind-Sets);
- Every Day Bias (Conscious/Unconscious Bias)
- Dysfunctions of the Teams (Patrick Lencioni);
- Teambuilding: MBTI Tool and Its Benefits to Teams;
- Generation Diversity and Inclusion;
- Cultural Diversity and Inclusion;
- Gender Diversity and Inclusion;
- Being a Member, Managing and Leading Virtual Teams;
- Being a Member, Managing and Leading Matrix Teams.
Upon completion of the course the participant:
- has awareness, understanding of diversity (thinking styles, age, gender, culture, skills, nationality, experiences, physical abilities, sexual orientation, etc);
- has awareness, understanding of inclusion and behaviors of inclusion; every day bias;
- is able to analyse and define root cause of dysfunctional team;
- is able to analyse and build up team using MBTI Tool as the tool provides a framework for understanding differences in what each team member might bring to the inclusive team;
- has skills and willingness to be a valuable team member and manage or lead global diverse teams.
The volume in hours: 3 ECTS (16 ac/h in the classroom)
Price: 360 €
Lecturer: Merle Liisu Lindma
More than 15 years of international business experience in different roles, different industries on local and regional roles. Experienced, flexible, adaptive Sr Human Resources Manager and Strategic HR Business Partner with a demonstrated history of working in the Tech industry. Very strong at change management, ability to create strategy as well translate business strategy and goals into optimal processes that are simple, scalable, customer-focused and adaptable to changing business needs.
Time schedule: 23.05 and 24.05 at 10.15-17.15
Requirements: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent